Calling all our anime and manga lovers.... this episode is for YOU! We're joined by our guest experts, Jannie and Nat, who are sharing their views and thoughts after spending much of their lives involved with this community.
Jannie is a writer and virtual assistant who works with romance authors. She was instrumental in bringing the very first anime convention to the Phillipines where she was a volunteer, attendee, and cosplayer - WOW!
Nat is a professional student, currently studying to open a metaphysical shop with her husband. She's been in love with anime and manga since she was a child and spends much of her time reading and writing in the genre.
In this episode, we're talking about the series' that captured our guest's interest and why they love anime and manga so much. They share their insight into how manga and anime differs from western comics and cartoons. And Nat and Jannie geek out over their current favourites.
Then Nat and Jannie share some positive and negative experiences they've had through their anime and manga love. Plus, you'll find out who they've met at conventions around the world!
What's your favourite anime or manga? Do you know what a reverse harem is? What series would you recommend for a totally newbie to the genre?
We also ask them questions from our Geek Herring listeners:
- What sets anime/manga apart from comic books?
- Why do so many anime girls get so much hate from viewer girls in certain series?
- What's the best anime/manga to start out with as a total n00b?
- Specifically, what manga is good? This particular listener basically found manga porn when she was younger :-O
We talk about these series!
- Sailor Moon & Sailor Moon Crystal
- Fairy Tail
- Dragon Ball Z
- Yona of the Dawn
- Attack on Titan
- Sword Art Online
- Fruits Basket
- Beast Go King Lion (Voltron, Daimos and Galaxy Express 999)
- My Hero Academia
- Little Witch Academia
- Uta no Prince-sama (The Princess of Song)
- Cardcaptor Sakura
- One Piece
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Slam Dunk
- Yowamushi no Pedal
- Diamond no Ace
- One Punch Man
- Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
- Records of Lodoss War
- Escaflowne (and why you shouldn't start out with this one!)
You can find our guests:
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please check out some of our others!
- Geek Interview: Cosplay, Conventions, Community, and Gender with Anna
- Geek Characters: Final Fantasy Reveals Playable Viera Race
- Geek Discussion: Rising Representation and Diversity in Video Games
Love Geek Herring, please hop over to iTunes and leave us a review!
Join us on Discord!
Amanda & Monika